Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the Latest Jellybean 4.1.2
- Download the Latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your Galaxy S3’s external SD Card.
- Once you have placed the zip file, disconnect the device and turn Off your phone so that it can be then entered in the Download Mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S3 while it’s in the download mode with the computer and then you will see that after a minute the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are successfully installed.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “” the tar file and then select the option of “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be rebooted.
- Please note that it may take more than 5 -6 minutes for applying the update and to reboot since it has to finalize all the app data etc. Once the device shows up the home screen, navigate to “Settings > About Phone” the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest Jellybean XXELKC Firmware which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.